The Bookmobile is a mobile library that provides alternative access to people who cannot access a physical library location due to any physical, economic, social, geographic, or other barrier. Books and other materials may be checked out and returned to the Bookmobile or to any library in the system. The Bookmobile also offers free wi-fi at all stops. The Bookmobile abides by the same policies and Patron Code of Conduct as the entirety of the Anderson County Library System.
Request the Bookmobile
Having a community event? Want to be considered for a regular, bi-weekly stop? Fill out the form below to request the Bookmobile. See criteria below the form.
Bookmobile stops may be rescheduled or cancelled at any time based on the following: usage data, inclement weather, scheduled maintenance, mechanical failures, special events, or outreach needs. Staff will attempt to notify stop liaisons of cancellations if possible.
The following criteria are used to determine a Bookmobile stop:
- Potential number of people served
- Stops must be open and available to the general public
- Available restrooms (neighborhood stops must identify a nearby, public restroom)
- Safe and adequate driving, parking, and maneuvering space.
- The safety of Library staff
The following criteria are used for evaluating the continued use of an existing stop:
- Number of patrons served
- Consistent return of undamaged items
- Library use statistics
- Specific access challenges for the patrons in that area
The following criteria are used to evaluate a potential event or outreach:
- Availability of staff and Bookmobile
- Safe and adequate access for the Bookmobile to drive, park, and maneuver
- The mission or purpose of the event or outreach is aligned with the Library’s Strategic Plan and/or literacy initiatives.
Services will not be offered on holidays observed by the Library.