Adults and teens in Anderson County are welcome to submit their original poem to the Eleventh Annual Anderson County Library Poetry Contest. Submissions will be compiled into an anthology that will be available for pre-order for $10.00. Complete rules for submissions and online entry form are below. You can also submit your poem using a paper entry form which can be turned in to any Anderson County Library location before the end date.
One poem per person. Poems must be submitted before midnight on March 10. Grand prize winners in both the teen and adult categories will be selected. Winners will be announced on our website and social media channels after Monday, April 22.
The minimum length of your poem is six (6) words. The maximum length is one letter-sized page (12 pt font, single space printed.) Poems will not be proofread. Poems will be printed in the anthology as submitted. Your submission means you are granting Anderson County Library the right to use the materials as we wish. Please DO NOT include artwork. Poems containing offensive language or themes will be disqualified. Judgment of ‘offensive material’ will be made by the library.
- Submit your original poem below or complete the paper entry form between February 5 – March 10.
- One submission per person. Entries will be published in an anthology that will be available for preorder and added to the Library’s collections.
- Poems will be judged on originality, creativity, and artistic quality.
- One adult and one teen will be selected for a grand prize and a complimentary printed copy of the book.
- Books will be available for preorder for $10 (cash, card, or check) until Friday, March 22.
- Winners will be announced on our website and social media channels after Monday, April 22.
- Open to anyone ages 12 and up who live, work, go to school, or owns property in Anderson County.