Professional and amateur writers ages 12+ are invited to submit an original poem for the Anderson County Library System’s 8th Annual Poetry Contest.
Submit your original poem by Friday, March 19 by using the form below or download and print this submission form and turn it in at any library location.
1. One submission per person. Entries will be published in an anthology that will be available for preorder and added to the Library’s collections.
2. Open to anyone ages 12 and up who live, work, go to school, or own property in Anderson County.
3. Poems will be judged on originality, creativity, and artistic quality.
4. One adult and one teen will be selected for a grand prize and a complimentary printed copy of the book. Books will be available for preorder for $10 (cash, card, or check) until Monday, April 19.
5. Winners will be announced on our website and social media channels on Friday, April 30. Winners may be asked to submit a video reading their winning poem as part of the virtual winners’ announcements, but is not required.
6. The maximum length is two pages (12 pt font, single space printed.)
7. Your submission means you are granting Anderson County Library the right to use the materials as we wish. Please DO NOT include artwork. Poems containing offensive language or themes will be disqualified. Judgment of ‘offensive material’ will be made by the library.