What to expect:
If you plan to visit our branches the week of June 19 – 23, please anticipate the following:
- The catalog will effectively be down.
- There will be a borrowing limit of 5 items per library card.
- Holds will not be delivered from other libraries this week (but you can pick up an existing hold).
- The Powdersville 24/7 Lockers will be closed (but you can pick up an existing hold inside the branch).
- The Bookmobile will not run this week.
- Your “My Account” PIN/password may be different. If you’re having trouble logging in, click on “Forgot Password” within the new catalog to receive an email with reset instructions.
Why are you switching systems?
Anderson County Library System is part of SCLends, a statewide consortium, who elected to switch vendors. While the change was a requirement for all SCLends libraries, we’re excited to be able to offer patrons a more powerful catalog search tool, as well as a soon-to-debut mobile app.
Will my holds transfer?
Yes! Your existing holds will transfer to the new online system.
Will the library be open?
We will be! The usual tools that we use to locate items or place holds may be temporarily unavailable to us, but we’re ready to help.
Can I still use the Digital Library?
Yes! We are not anticipating any interruption to our digital services (Hoopla, Kanopy, Libby)
Can I still sign up for a library card during this time?
If it is a physical library card, definitely! We’ll get you into the new system as soon as it’s ready. We will not be able to issue digital library cards during the week of 6/19 – 6/25. Digital cards will resume on 6/26.
I don’t see the new book I want. Are you adding new ones?
During the transition, we can’t add new books. Rest assured we are accumulating new books and they’ll be added as soon as we get the all-clear.