The Anderson County Library System offers a number of services for people with disabilities:
- Large-print books and magazines
- ADA-compliant restrooms in all facilities
- Wheelchair available at the Main Library’s Circulation Desk
Available in the South Carolina Room of the Main Library when the room is open:
- Optelec Clearview low vision magnifier
- MAGic, JAWS, and OPENBook on a computer
The Library partners with the South Carolina State Library Talking Book Services. This free service is available to South Carolina residents who are blind, visually impaired, suffer from medically certifiable reading disorders or cannot hold or read a normal print book due to other physical limitations. The service offers recorded books, large print books, magazines (recorded and Braille) and descriptive videos. Patrons may sign up for the service at the Main Library or any branch library. You may also call 800-922-7818, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or access the program’s website.