Take Highway 81 through Iva to intersection with Cruette Street. Turn right at
School district Office. Library is on the left hand side of the street at the
Map and custom directions.
Local History: Incorporated in 1904, Iva was originally known as
Cooks Station, named after Dr. Augustus Gus Cook, local doctor and
businessman. The post office was named for his daughter, Iva Cook Bryson. When
it was discovered that there was another Cooks Station in South Carolina, the
name Cook was dropped in favor of Iva.