All job positions require an application to be completed. Applications are accepted only for currently available positions. We do not hold applications for future job openings, nor do we take applications which do not specify which specific position(s) is/are being applied for.
Applications may be picked up or submitted at any Anderson County Library location, or click here to download the application. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required.
Main Library – Part-time Clerk in the Children’s Department
Anderson County Library is seeking a part-time Clerk at the Main Library in the Children’s Department for fifteen (15) hours per week, which includes every other Saturday and one evening per week.
This position pays $9.50 per hour. A High School diploma and excellent computer skills are required.
Main Library – Accounting Clerk I
Performs a variety of work supporting the finance department, including, but not limited to, entering Accounts Payable and purchasing.
Enters invoices for Account Payable. Acts as backup for running Accounts Payable when the Head of Finance is unavailable.
Assists with library payroll.
Coordinates purchasing of office and library supplies system wide.
Files appropriate paperwork in a timely manner.
Empties and counts coins from library machines weekly. Verifies and/or counts money and worksheet for Circulation, Reference and branch cash drawers; enters same into worksheets.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in finance or accounting from an accredited university; and
- Two (2) years of previous experience in accounting/bookkeeping.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard accounting functions, practices, and procedures; ability to set priorities; ability to adjust to changes in the daily work schedule; ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent clerical and computer skills, including internet experience; ability to perform detailed and precise work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, employees, branch managers and system personnel; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; ability to work in a team environment as well as independent work.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one.
How to Apply
Send an Anderson County Library application and a resume with three professional references (which include name, address, telephone and e-mail contact information) to Jane Mears, Human Resources, Anderson County Library, 300 N. McDuffie Street, Anderson, SC 29621 or email@example.com.
Powdersville Library – Part-time Clerk
The Anderson County Library is seeking a part-time Clerk at the Powdersville Library for 15 hours a week. $9.50 per hour.
The ability to work a flexible schedule with some nights and weekends is required.
This position requires assisting patrons finding materials and information using computers. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and push a fully loaded bookcart.
A High School diploma and excellent computer skills are required.
Anderson County Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. M/F/H/V. Pre-employment drug screening is required. For more information, please consult the Anderson County Library Hiring Policy.
Anderson County uses E-Verify to establish the employment eligibility of our new hires. E-Verify is a system that is operated by the Department of Homeland Security, in partnership with the Social Security Administration, and enables employers such as ourselves to quickly determine that a newly hired individual is eligible to work in the U.S.
If you wish to check your status in the E-Verify system, use the following link: E-Verify Self Check System.