All job positions require an application to be completed. Applications are accepted only for currently available positions. We do not hold applications for future job openings, nor do we take applications which do not specify which specific position(s) is/are being applied for.
Applications may be picked up or submitted at any Anderson County Library location, or click here to download the application. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required.
Part-Time Clerk – Iva Branch
Anderson County Library is seeking a part-time Clerk at the Iva Branch. 20 hours a week/$9.50 per hour.
- Assists patrons finding materials and information using computers
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and push a fully loaded bookcart
- Must work flexible schedule, some nights and weekends
- High School diploma
- Excellent computer skills
Part-Time Maintenance Worker – Main Library
Anderson County Library is seeking a part-time Maintenance Worker at the Main Library. 20 hours weekly. The schedule is 11:00am — 3:00pm Mon—Fri. $9.50 per hour.
- Sets up meeting rooms per the daily schedule, including cleaning as necessary
- Assists with the maintenance of the outside lawn areas of the Main Library building.
- Performs a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds at various facilities/sites.
- Travels to branches to perform custodial work.
- Housekeeping responsibilities as required.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Valid Driver’s licence
- One year of experience in building and mechanical equipment preferred
Anderson County Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. M/F/H/V. Pre-employment drug screening is required. For more information, please consult the Anderson County Library Hiring Policy.
Anderson County uses E-Verify to establish the employment eligibility of our new hires. E-Verify is a system that is operated by the Department of Homeland Security, in partnership with the Social Security Administration, and enables employers such as ourselves to quickly determine that a newly hired individual is eligible to work in the U.S.
If you wish to check your status in the E-Verify system, use the following link: E-Verify Self Check System.