Participate in the Anderson County Library Poetry Contest
Submit Your Original Poem by April 25th For a Chance to Win!
Teens (12 – 18) Prize: $50 AmStar Movie Passes!
Adults (19+) Prize: $50 Gift Card to Summa Joe’s!
Submissions are due by April 25th, open to all Anderson County residents ages 12 and up.
- One submission per person, no minimum or maximum length.
- Poems can be submitted in one of two categories: Teen and Adult, with grand prizes awarded in each. Teens: Ages 12-18, winner receives a $50 gift card to AmStar 14. Adults: Ages 19+, winner receives a $50 gift card to Summa Joe’s.*
- Poem may be typed or legibly handwritten.
- Poems may be submitted in any of the following ways: At any branch, in the designated branch drop box. Via Facebook. Via Twitter. Via email.
Each submission needs to have the person’s full name, mailing address, phone or email, category to which they are submitting, and clarify whether the poem may be publicly displayed around the library or on social media.
- The poems will be judged based on originality, creativity, and artistic quality by Dr. Bob Hanley from Anderson University.
- Poems containing offensive material will be disqualified. (Judgment of “offensive material” will be left up to the judge and select librarians.)
- Winners will be contacted either by phone or email depending on the contact information provided on the submission slip. Winners will be announced via press release, the library’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, as well as having the winning submissions displayed in each of the library branches.
*Employees of the Anderson County Library System are not eligible to win prizes.