- Anyone who lives, works, or owns property in Anderson County, may sign up for a free library card at any branch or the Main Library.
- Proper identification must be presented for all card applications, along with proof of address. See the acceptable forms of personal identification and address verification.
- Children of all ages may have a card of their own; children 14 or older register as adults.
- A parent must sign for a child’s card, presenting proper identification.
- Students in local colleges who are not county residents may receive free cards for the school term.
- Residents of Abbeville, Greenville, Oconee, and Pickens Counties enjoy borrowing reciprocity* with no annual fee. Other out-of-county residents must pay an annual fee of $25. Please see the Reciprocal Borrowing Policy for more details. Other out of-county residents must pay an annual fee determined by the Board of Trustees based on local support.
- By accepting your library card, you agree to be responsible for the materials you borrow. Occasionally items are lost and if this happens, Anderson County Library will charge the cardholder for the original cost of the material.
- For more information about our Circulation and Library Card Policy, click here.
- You may sign up for a free lirary card at any branch or the Main Library.
- Library card regulations
- Loan limits and overdue fees
Some acceptable forms of personal identification
- U.S. State-issued Driver’s License or Identification card
- Military ID
- Resident Alien Card
Some acceptable forms of address verification
- Imprinted check with name and address
- Utility Bill
- Rent Receipt
- Bank Statement
- Postmarked piece of mail that has been addressed to you, at your given address.
Library card regulations
- You are responsible for all materials checked out on your card, and for all charges and fees made to your account.
- An overdue fee will be charged for material returned past the due date.
- In order to prevent improper use, Library staff should be notified immediately if your card is lost or stolen.
- Library staff should be notified promptly of change of name or address.
- Library cards are not transferable. Only one library card is permitted per person.
*Reciprocal patrons may borrow only physical items owned by the Anderson County Library System. Reciprocal patrons may not borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks, or items from other libraries in the SCLends consortium. Out-of-county residents who wish to use these services may purchase a nonresident card for $25 per year.
Loan limits and overdue fees
|Item||Days Loaned||Renewals||Overdue Fees Per Day|
|New Fiction Books||14||0||10¢|
limit 5 per card
limit 3 back issues per card
Limit 5 per card
|Videos & DVDs
Limit 6 visual items with a maximum
of 4 DVDs or 4 Videos per card
|eBooks and eAudiobooks from Overdrive
limit 8 items at a time
|14||0||No overdue fees! Titles expire and are returned automatically.|
|eAudiobooks from OneClickDigital
limit 6 items at a time
|21||1||No overdue fees! Titles expire and are returned automatically.|