Tax Forms and Assistance


Call to order tax forms and have them delivered to your home.
South Carolina: 1-800-768-3676 or 803-898-5320
Federal (IRS): 1-800-829-3676

The Anderson County Library will receive only the following FEDERAL tax forms. We will NOT receive any South Carolina state forms or instructions.

  • 1040
  • 1040A
  • 1040EZ

Have questions about Health Care Information Forms for Individuals (Forms 1095-A, 1095-B, and 1095-C)? IRS’s Questions and Answers

To file for an extension for the IRS, click here and follow instructions.

To file for an extension for South Carolina, click here and follow instructions.

AARP Tax Help at the Anderson Main Library

Tax help from the AARP is available beginning on February 1st and ending on April 13th. This is first come, first served. No appointment necessary.

3pm - 7:30pm3pm - 7:30pm9am - 1pm

VITA Tax Help at Anderson Library Locations

Tax help from VITA begins the week of January 25th and ends April 3rd unless otherwise noted. This is by appointment only. To make an appointment, call the United Way Helpline at 211 or visit their website.

Main Library---------------9:30am-1:30pm
*Feb 27 & March 26 only*
*ends Feb 29*
*ends Feb 29*
Lander Memorial
in Williamston
*begins March 7
*begins March 7
Goodwill on N. Main---------12-5pm------

For AARP and VITA Tax Help, please bring:

  • Government-issued picture ID
  • Social Security cards for all household members listed on the return
  • Proof of income (W-2, 1099 MISC, 1099 INT, 1099 DIV, Social Security benefit statements, unemployment insurance) including cash
  • Proof of Health Insurance for all persons listed
  • Dependent Income information
  • Receipts for any deductions you plan to claim (property taxes, mortgage interest, education expenses, daycare expenses)
  • Copy of last year’s return
  • Bank routing and account numbers for direct deposits of refunds

If you file “Married Filing Jointly,” you and your spouse together count as one filer. Both spouses must be present to sign a joint return. If your spouse is unable to be with you, you will need to bring a power of attorney form or notarized letter in order to sign his/her name on the return.

The volunteers are not able to prepare returns for people with foreclosures or who are enrolled in mortgage relief programs.