Take US 76 to intersection with Highway 20. Turn left onto 20, go left one
block, turn left, and right again into parking lot.
Map and custom directions.
Local History: Before it was chartered in 1855, Belton was a major
stop on the wagon trail leading from the Blue Ridge Mountain foothills to
Augusta, Georgia. The town was named for Judge Belton ONeal, who was
instrumental in the construction of the Greenville-Columbia railroad.
The new branch library was completed in April
2004. The library was previously located as part of the old railroad depot
that now serves as a community meeting hall. The new facility, 6,700
square feet in size, has room for 27,000 books, an expanded audiovisual
collection, two tutoring rooms, a 50-seat meeting room, and workstations for ten