All job positions require an application to be completed. Applications are accepted only for currently available positions. We do not hold applications for future job openings, nor do we take applications which do not specify which specific position(s) is/are being applied for.
Applications may be picked up or submitted at any Anderson County Library location, or download the application. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required.
Librarian IV – Head of Adult Services: Anderson County Library System is seeking a creative, experienced leader for the position of Head of Adult Services. Working under the supervision of the Assistant Library Director, the Head of Adult Services ensures proper and effective operation of all adult patron services.
This position plans, coordinates and administers the day to day activities and operations of Adult Services; assures that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget; oversees a program of long-range planning and assessment of Library services; fosters excellent relationships both within the Library System and in the community; and keeps the Assistant Library Director apprised of department activities.
Regular duties include but are not limited to:
- Direct supervision of department heads and reference librarians
- Review and development of operating procedures and strategic planning for Adult Services.
- Keeps abreast of changing trends, issues, and challenges in public libraries in order to assess and implement training and support services
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- A masters’ degree in library science from an American Library Association accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years professional library experience, supervisory experience critical.
- Knowledge of public library administration and current library organization, procedures, and services
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal rules and regulations which apply to library administration.
- Knowledge and experience of online reference work and automated library systems.
- Ability to coordinate, plan, and direct work or professional and technical staff.
- Communicate effectively (orally and in writing); strong comfort level with public speaking to groups large and small.
Additional details available in the full job description.
To Apply: send an Anderson County Library application, resume, and three professional references (including name, address, telephone, and e-mail contact information) to Robert Peirce, Human Resources, Anderson County Library, 300 N. McDuffie Street, Anderson, SC 29621, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library Clerk – Part-Time: Anderson County Library is seeking a part-time Clerk at the Piedmont Library for twenty (20) hours per week, including weekend and evening hours. This position pays $9.50 per hour. A High School diploma and excellent computer skills are required. For full details, please see the job description.
To Apply: applications may be picked up or submitted at any Anderson County Library location, or download the application.
Anderson County Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. M/F/H/V. Pre-employment drug screening is required. For more information, please consult the Anderson County Library Hiring Policy.
Anderson County uses E-Verify to establish the employment eligibility of our new hires. E-Verify is a system that is operated by the Department of Homeland Security, in partnership with the Social Security Administration, and enables employers such as ourselves to quickly determine that a newly hired individual is eligible to work in the U.S.
If you wish to check your status in the E-Verify system, use the following link: E-Verify Self Check System.